Setting the record straight: Mr. Bret Gordon Cease and Desist


Fake Lonewolf Kosho ryu kenpo certificates issued by Gary Lee

Last week I addressed an article written by a Mr. Bret Gordon. It seems he had gotten his information from a couple of articles on The USADojo website both articles were regarding my father Sam Lonewolf. The two articles filled with falsehoods and were written and posted online by people who didn’t know my father and were content with making up stories about my father’s background.  

https://www.usadojo.com/samuel-joseph-lonewolf-kenpo-karate/   

https://www.usadojo.com/the-passing-of-a-warrior-samuel-lonewolf/

I mentioned a third article written by a  Mr. Bret Gordon that was filled with the exact same inaccuracies that were in the two USA DOJO articles linked above. It was obvious that Mr. Bret Gordon, had gotten his information from those two USA DOJO articles. The article that Mr. Gordon wrote back in 2020 can be found at http://www.join-usama.com/blog/pot-meet-kettle.  Mr. Gordon's article . Like the two USA Dojo articles Mr. Gordon's article was full of the exact same information of which is just flat out FALSE. He obviously just repeated what two people Mr. Don Miskel and a Mr. Gary Lee who have been caught lying about my father had put up on the internet themselves. 

The following are two paragraphs from Mr. Gordon’s article talking about my father.  I am going to respond to Mr. Gordon’s statements in that article which are in red italic font. My responses to his statements in red will be in bold black font

“But that's enough about Judo. Barron claims to be the founder of his own system, First Nation Kenpo. I thought "making up" your own style was frowned upon?”

Mr. Gordon has this 100 percent wrong. First Nation was not Mr. Shepherd’s system. First Nation as explained in my other articles is what my father called his system. Mr. Shepherd, a First Nations black belt under my father, used it with my father’s permission and blessing.

“Anyway, his Kenpo experience, according to his bio, comes from "William Mauer (Ed Parker's American Kenpo) and Samuel Lonewolf (Tracy Kenpo).”

Mr. Shepherd was indeed my father’s black belt receiving his first degree blackbelt in 1998, this is a matter of record.  My father was living in the central florida area at the time and taught kenpo for several years while there. 

“On another website, he lists his Kenpo instructor as Paul Mills, who as of this writing has no record of Barron ever studying with him or even know who he is (yes, we contacted him).”

Mr. Shepherd sought out Paul Mills kenpo at my father’s suggestion. My father found Mr. Brumby listed in florida and Mr. Shepherd ended up training under Rick Brumby who at the time was a high ranking and top kenpo instructor in the Paul Mills system. Mr. Shepherd was encouraged to train with Mr. Brumby and did so with my father’s blessing. My father was quite happy that he did.  

“Samuel Lonewolf is rather interesting and it seems his Kenpo background is hard to pin down. Several websites list him as either an 8th or a 7th Dan under Al Tracy, yet when we contacted Mark Tracy we were told he was never a student. Moving on, Samuel Lonewolf seems to have had a laundry list of credentials, including several 10th Dans, and his primary Kenpo background actually seems to be Kosho Ryu.”

My father was literally removed from the Tracy family tree by Mr Tracey himself. My father walked his own path and this is more than likely the reason the Tracey’s removed him. Regardless the following is proof is that at one time he was on their tree. Below is a link from when my father was actually still listed on the Tracy family tree; 

https://web.archive.org/web/20040620102236/http://www.tracyskarate.com/Tracytree/Rokudan.htm


The above screen capture clearly indicates that my father (listed 3rd from the bottom) was promoted to 6th dan by none other than Al Tracy in 1990 even his diploma number is given. Sometime in the 2000s my father was removed from the tree. This would mean that my father was literally a senior member in the Tracy system when they parted ways and Mr. Tracy removed his name.  Here is another link showing that my father was indeed on the Tracy family tree: http://www.kenponet.com/flame/tree/t/al_tracy.html


“Whatever system Lonewolf taught, his inheritor Gary Lee told us he has no record of Barron studying any of it.”

Mr. Lee had already admitted to Mr. Gordon in an email that he did not inherit my father’s system and had no knowledge of who might have trained with or been my father’s black belts. 


“It's interesting that Samuel Lonewolf also held a 9th Dan from Saigo Ha Daito Ryu, a group largely proven to be frauds by the greater Daito Ryu community. To quote Kondo Katsuyuki, headmaster of mainline Daito Ryu, "Properly speaking, there is no connection between the Saigo-Ha and Daito-ryu schools. They should not call themselves Daito-ryu because there is no relationship at all between Daito-ryu and the version of history they are offering." But that's enough about Lonewolf. I have no interest in trampling on a man's grave, and my issue is with Barron.”

The entire paragraph above is literally littered with the false information that Mr. Gordon had gotten from the USA DOJO website article https://www.usadojo.com/samuel-joseph-lonewolf-kenpo-karate/ written by Mr. Don Miskel. Mr Miskel made similar claims as Mr. Lee but has since admitted that he didn’t actually know my father or train with him (email below).

 

Even though Mr. Miskel tried to tell me that he claimed no affiliation with my father he was signing and distributing fake Lonewolf certificates (pictured below) giving them rank in Hawaii Kosho Ryu Kenpo right along with Mr. Lee. 

Fake certificates with my father's name photoshopped on them

Both Mr lee and Mr. Miskel claimed my father was a member of the IFAA black dragons. He was not, he never was. However after my passed Mr. Lee and Mr. Miskel spread the lie that he was so they could insert themselves into his history and system. 

In the 2020 article Mr. Gordon, obviously attacked and did his best to disparage my father, a person who has never done Mr. Gordon ANY harm. Everything Mr. Gordon wrote was ALL based on a USA DOJO article written by Don Miskel, who had made up and inserted falsehoods into my father’s background just so Mr. Miskel could take steps to insert himself into it. 

Mr. Gordon then got information from Mr. Lee who lied about being the sole inheritor of my father’s system as well as fabricated and photoshopped himself a 10th degree black belt certificate (below) and claimed it was from my father. The chops, my fathers signature, all were photoshopped in on top of a certificate that was fabricated. 

Fake certificates with my father's signature and chop stamps photoshopped on them

My father wanted nothing to do with Mr. Lee, Mr. Miskel or their Black dragon group because they were appropriating other peoples histories and inserting themselves into them. These are the people Mr. Gordon referenced for his article. Mr. Gordon was even notified by Mr. Lee in an email in which he admitted to not having anything to do with my father and asked Mr. Gordon to remove it. 


Lastly, I want to point out that after Mr. Gordon writes two paragraphs repeating inaccuracies and lies about my father he ends these two paragraphs with saying;

"I have no interest in trampling on a man's grave, and my issue is with Barron.”

My father had been dead for over seven years by the time Mr. Gordon took whatever “issue” he had with Mr. Shepherd and “wrote” his article in 2020.  Instead of handing it personally with Mr. Shepherd Mr. Gordon proceeded to write about and attack my father based on lies and claims written by both Mr. Miskel and Mr. Lee. Truthfully, Mr. Gordon should address whatever issue he has with Mr. Shepherd in person, face to face. Mr. Gordon felt compelled to attack my father instead.

My father was long gone and had no way to defend himself from Mr. Gordon's obvious attack. He had no reason whatsoever to insert my father into his article or into his beef with someone else. Mr Gordon has since proven he isn't interested in the truth. What he did in his article was indeed an attack on my father and not anyone else, and Mr. Gordon disparaged my father so he could trample on his memory. 


Mr. Gordon, my father absolutely and in no way did anything to you. He wasn't even alive. I have addressed every false claim regarding my father that YOU made in YOUR 2020 article. You are immediately requested to cease and desist any attempts to attack and besmirch my father. I ask that you comply with my request. Please know that if you do not remove any and all statements you will leave me no alternative but to pursue any and all available legal and equitable remedies to protect my father's character and or reputation. 


Samantha Lonewolf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The many misrepresentations of Samuel Joseph Lonewolf

GARY LEE"S FAKE JUDAN CERTIFICATE